-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Kirk Talman
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 3:05 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Another BIG Mainframe Bites the Dust

running nix servers w/o "admins".  that's an interesting thought.

probably too much "face" involved for someone to do before/after TCO.

<snip>

Yeah, another Emperor has new clothes and you better be able to see 'em
story. [Remember, the beatings will stop when the morale improves.]

I just wonder if they will experience the quarter closing where it takes
3-10 times longer than predicted. And then that first year end
closing...

Another thing I wonder about is, well, will they have rounding issues
because of floating point? Or will they have issues with fixed point
binary and rounding?

I guess we can watch and wonder if the same thing will happen with them
that happened with HP when they announced getting rid of mainframes....
I understand they have consolidated back to a "mainframe" type system.

Later,
Steve Thompson