Date:    Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:56:17 -0400
From:    Warner Mach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: PGP Assistance Needed
Original question:
We are a relatively small shop. We have need for PGP encryption to send
payroll files to various banks, but can not afford an expensive
solution.
We installed PGP from 'Tools and Toys' and one of the banks accepts the
resulting files. The T&T solution is relatively simple and another of
the banks wants a more extensive encryption ... We talked to
Mega-Cryption,
but they are too expensive for our limited requirements. We also talked
to the 'DATA21' folks, but they don't do PGP on the mainframe; the
actual
encryption is done on a PC which, for political reasons, does not work
for us ... I see that another company is now advertising: 'Prime
Factors'
(www.primefactors.com). Has anyone had any experience with these folks?
Are they likely to be less expensive than Mega-Cryption? ... Also,
is there some other option that we might have overlooked? ... Thanks.
  .