On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 12:36:31 -0400, Robert A. Rosenberg wrote:

>At 08:11 -0500 on 09/08/2006, Mark Zelden wrote
>about Re: How to find source of JES2 change:
>
>>Yes, but I would not recommend people just go around and issue this
command
>>without research. I'm thinking a lot of people are running with JOBCLASS
>>parms that have been changed and aren't reflected in the JES2 PARMs (just
>>check the archives for similar threads). OS/390 2.4 was a long time ago.
>
>Look like an idea for a JES Mod or Feature Enhancement - ie: A way of
>comparing the JES2 PARMs against the current settings (since the
>Parms are ignored except on a COLD START and are not apparently even
>checked on an ALL Member WARM Start [although I have the impression
>that some are to insure compatibility with the Checkpointed version
>of the settings]).

Isn't this something that the Health Checker ought to detect?  (I'm not a
firm believer in the entire Health Checker implementation from IBM, but
there are bits and pieces that make sense.  This is one.)

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI

(I'm also not a believer in "best practices" since I have seen it used too
many times to stifle innovation and growth.  The term "your mileage may
vary" applies to far more things than mileage in my experience.  YMMV, of
course.)