I have to remove a volume from a SMS.  It is the only volume in that storage
group. I set up some steps to do the process.  Can you please tell me if I have
skipped anything?
- Remove DSN reference from the filter list of the STORAGE CLASS
  - Remove DSN reference from the DATA CLASS
  - ISMF and delete volume.
  - Perform translate, validate and activate.
You need to delete whatever selection in the storgroup ACS routine assigns that storage group name. Then after deleting the volume, you should delete the storage group. Then activate.

Did you want those datasets to go somewhere else? Then instead of deleting, change the assignment. Or change the assignment in the storgroup ACS routine to pick a different storgroup.

--
Bruce A. Black
Senior Software Developer for FDR