From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ceruti, Gerard G
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 11:57 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Restrict Operator offline command

Hi All

For the second time we have had an operator issue a vary command from
the master console that spanned nearly all our hardware devices, of
course to all systems in the sysplex, the command "v f00-f002,offline"
resulted in us having to ipl all the systems to recover.

Has anyone perhaps had a similar problem and what solution was used to
stop is happening again ?, also anyone got any ideas on how to ensure it
does not happen again.

Our current thinking is around an assembler exit to trap all vary
commands, but trying to avoid that solution . We are a Top Secret shop.