On Sep 18, 2006, at 9:42 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:

In a recent note, Ed Gould said:

Date:         Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:45:37 -0500

This goes back to MFT (Probably) or was it PCP?

IEH utilities built its own DEB and other control blocks so that it
could access the DASD device (it didn't go through allocation),
back in those days there was no dynamic allocation (at least in MFT &
PCP) not sure about MVT as I never was exposed to it.

Gil,

I was in error (a little) I was exposed to MVT but for a very brief time. The company I was working for at the time was in the process of converting from MVT to VS2. I had forgotten about it as I got an all to little exposure as the conversion was mostly what I worked on.

I did have to give a 5 minute "spiel" to two people in charge of the Data Center to explain why we couldn't run TSO and production at the same time. Unfortunately I think I talked over their heads. They were still use to the 7090's. I did try so hard not to talk over them.

Ed