>I suspect that this was done to try to improve
>security.  I also suspect that it will have the opposite
>effect.

I have no idea if what you fear will come to pass, but it sure sounds
funny.  It's
reminiscent of the days when you (or a clerk) down to the output room to
pickup the
printouts.  The surly person in the window would ask "whaddya want?" and
eventually
toss you the output.  Only, in your case, it's a virtual person in the
output window.