On 9/21/2006 7:58 AM, Jim McAlpine wrote:
We have a FLEX-ES box with a number of instances (sort of like lpars) and I
would like to ipl one of the instances with a date some time in the future
to do some testing.  However, that instance would "touch" catalogs from our
"production" instance which would be running with the current date. Is this a recipe for disaster or will I get away with it.

Don't forget that if your date is far enough into the future, and you're using RACF, you'll end up getting users revoked for inactivity. That will not affect PROTECTED users, nor SPECIAL users, nor (to some effect) STC user IDs, but it will affect everyone else.

        Walt Farrell, CISSP
        z/OS Security Design, IBM