From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Arthur T.
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 6:26 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: DSS RESTORE - how to enforce CONTIG

On 18 Sep 2006 10:25:08 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (R.S.) wrote:

>I just encountered the following problem:
>Restored production IODF from DSS dump and got two-extents
>file. For obvious reason I didn't want more than 1 extent.
><g> The primary reason was near-full, fragmented volume,
>which shouldn't have place, however it had place.
>
>Q: how can I prevent such multi-extent allocation ?
>I'd like to have something a'la CONTIG: single extent file
>or failure.

      Since no one has come up with an answer, it seems the
answer to your question is "No".  This is an example of DSS
not "playing nice" with other IBM restrictions.  As such,
is it worth opening a PMR?  I'd push for *at least* a DOC
APAR to show how to properly restore a backed-up IODF.

      (If FDR can do it, that might be greater incentive
for IBM to fix DSS to do it, right.)

--
I cannot receive mail at the address this was sent from.
To reply directly, send to ar23hur "at" intergate "dot" com