-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 3:35 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: 2007 DST Changes

<snip>

Alas, UNIX doesn't do leap seconds; forbidden by POSIX; always uses
UTC.

<snip>

If it doesn't do leap seconds, then it must be GMT, right?
Isn't UTC = GMT + LEAP_Seconds?

I ask this because a few months ago I made changes to most of the "MVS"
based code in a product to have it use IBM services and NOT "STCK and
then do arithmetic". We were finding that our time stamps were off by
about 22 seconds (compared to what the system was doing with WTOs) where
an ETR tied to GPS (they use UTC) was in use.

Regards,
Steve Thompson