On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:37:01 -0700, Charles Mills wrote:

>The OP was a little unclear, as others have noted. I was thinking of
>compiler MAP and XREF. Since LET is a link option, I guess he meant MAP and
>XREF on the link. No, those should not have a significant effect on EXCPs.
>
>I was referring to COBOL compiles, where XREF doubles the size of the
>SYSPRINT listing, thereby roughly doubling SYSPRINT EXCPs, not matter what
>the block size.

I dispute that XREF double the size of the compiler SYSPRINT listing -- it
may do that for a few odd cases but in general it will increase the
SYSPRINT listing size by an amount proportional to the number of variables
and the logic that references them.  Since there are multiple references
per XREF line (not one-to-one) the increase in the size of the SYSPRINT
listing is not a "doubling".

The OP clarified his intent and it WAS the XREF and MAP compile option as
you (and I) suspected.

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI