Hi folks,

We're trying to implement an IBM 3494 ATL with an existing HSM. We've made
all of the changes, etc. suggested in the Redbook,IBM TotalStorage
Enterprise Tape: A Practical Guide (SG24-4632), section 5.3.14 "DFSMShsm
Customization".

We were getting ARC0709I DATA SET BACKUP TASK TERMINATED, NO DAILY BACKUP
VOLUME AVAILABLE - so we did an ADDVOL 300002 UNIT(3490-1) BACKUP DAILY
(4)). Where "300002" is a tape volser in the ATL and DAILY(4) is/was today
in the backup cycle. Now, we aren't getting any messages in the HSM output
but, we also aren't getting the backup.

My hunch is that we aren't catching the correct data set name HLQ and 2LQ
in our storage class ACS routine. That brings up one question (of many): is
there a way to find out what HSM is using for the DSN of its backup file?
We checked the BACKUPPREFIX value and it seems to be okay (no errors
flagged for it on HSM start up).

I'm  betting some/several of you have gone through this exercise. Your
input would be appreciated. If you want to send any extensive response and
prefer email, feel free to contact me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks all,

Doyle