Terry Schwarz wrote:

> I have a JCL that I would like to make a REXX or CLIST equivalent to run it
> interactive. Part of it has me stumped, but then again I'm not particularly
> highly literate in this area. To be more specific ...
>
> I have JCL with EXEC similiar to ...
>
> //MYPROG EXEC PGM=MYPROG, PARM='ENVAR("_CEE_ENVFILE=DD:ENV")'
>
> where ENV is a DD to DSN with vars with lines like x=y. I'm not sure if my
> program is picking up file and it's contents as a function of being linked
> to the CEE environment and CEE picking up and setting the values. If the
> var that I need can be directly set (vs via file), I'd be ok with that also
> and is actually more preferrable.
>
> CLIST/REXX currently sets the DDs and STEPLIB I need and just does CALL to
> program, but I'd be ok with any method of setting vars and calling program.
>
> I looked around a lot of web pages and perhaps this is very simple and I'm
> just not refering to it by right name. Does anyone know or can they point
> me to a URL.

Pretty much the same syntax in TSO.

tso call ibm(ibmenv) 'envar("AA=howdy")/'

A program that did a getenv("AA") would return "howdy". If the program
is written in COBOL, put the slash at the beginning.

--
Don Poitras - zSeries R & D  -  SAS Institute Inc. -  SAS Campus Drive
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   (919)531-5637  Fax:677-4444     Cary, NC 27513