I have long been accustomed, when I delete a VSAM data set
from ISPF DSLIST, to get a dialog, panel ISRUVPC9, where I
may supply options concerning details of the deletion process.
I find this a nuisance; I never do anything but press ENTER
and take the default behavior.  I tolerate it grudgingly,
assuming more sophisticated programmers find it useful.

Today, however, I deleted in DSLIST a VSAM data set which was
migrated.  To my surprise, DSLIST merely issued HDELETE which
deleted the VSAM data set with no ISRUVPC9 options dialog.
Now I'm perplexed:

o If ISRUVPC9 is important, it should be issued for a migrated
  data set or an unmigrated data set alike.

o If ISRUVPC9 is unimportant, it should be eliminated and spare
  us the distraction.

o In the worst case, if information necessary to present ISRUVPC9
  is unavailable from a migrated data set, it must be recalled
  in order to be able to present ISRUVPC9.

Which is it?

-- gil
--
StorageTek