On Oct 9, 2006, at 12:46 PM, Jon Brock wrote:

As a follow-up to the recent "Another BIG Mainframe Bites the Dust" thread -- and apropos to a couple of other ongoing threads -- I received kind permission from Mr. Sangho Yoon to post on this listserv the following email he sent to me the other day. There is a lot to be ruminated upon in his note.

Jon

One of the most interesting points that he brought up was the CPU 100 percent busy. We all know that is not necessarily bad. I am not a perf cap person but am reasonably comfortable with running my system(s) at that . Now 20 year ago that was not the case but in all reasonably current MVS systems that is a reasonable thing to do.

Ed