On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 20:41:50 +0000, Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
is needed for more productive work

>NOT in anyplace I worked at.
>If it's discretionary, it probably won't run.

Since you say "not in anyplace I worked at", did you set it up
that way? Perhaps there was not enough discretionary work defined.

I have been at shops were some LPARs are virtually 100% production
CICS/DB2, so when you were at or near 100% - response time just got
worse - period.  No room for anything else to run (other than
system support tasks).   Is this a good way to run things in
a modern well configured parallel sysplex environment? Of course not,
but I think Chris talked about this in a recent thread.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group