In a recent note, Kurt Quackenbush said:

> Date:         Wed, 11 Oct 2006 09:28:20 -0400
>
> Sounds like you didn't try APPLY CHECK before running the APPLY, and
> therefore you've got stuff left over in the target zone.  Probably an
> element entry got updated in the target zone during the first APPLY.
> Rejecting the USERMOD from the global zone does not cleanup the target zone.

Ouch!  So it updates the element's SYSLIB (or whatever) subentry in
the element's target zone entry without even determining whether
it can allocate the data set?  And then when the user supplies
a corrected SYSMOD it attempts to allocate the data set before
updating the SYSLIB subentry?  I could imagine a more robust
design.

Could the user recover by providing a DD statement in JCL for
the bogus DDNAME for one APPLY which would correct the CSI for
the future?

-- gil
--
StorageTek