On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, Chase, John wrote:

>> From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List On Behalf Of Ted MacNEIL
>>

>> Darren, is it possible to reconfigure IBM-Main to do that?
>
>It's possible, but I would vote against it.  There are times when
>somebody might want to receive replies to a post off-list, and setting
>REPLYTO is the easiest way to accomplish that.
>
>    -jc-

And this is why I have it set this way. If someone wants to set a specific
post to the list asking how many people have had to reboot their Windows
machine this week..please reply to me and not the list. I set a Reply-To:
tag to point to my email address.  I don't want the list flooded with
"me too!" postings. To confuse matters, I have to make sure my mail client
puts the correct Reply-To: tag in my outgoing email and the recipient's
email client has to properly recognize my Reply-To: tag and handle it
properly.

Darren

P.S. - If you all want, I can set Listserv to ignore any Reply-To tags for
       a week or so and see how things go.