Daniel A. McLaughlin wrote:

Good day to all.
We are preparing for ZOS 1.7 and need to move a ton of maintenance for our 1.4 system prior to the IPL. The philosophy in play here was developed under the cloak of secrecy and, personally, it's been a long time since I've had to clone a new set of residence packs. Would anyone care to share some hints/tips/clues on your methods? It may seem like SYSPROG 101 to some, but I've not had to do this process in quite some time.

<snip>

Perhaps the IEACLNxx samples in SAMPLIB would be helpful, along with the section on cloning in z/OS Planning for Installation.

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing