Try opentech's  VDR TAPECOPY,I used it on my client and it works quite
efficiently .

On 10/12/06, Chase, John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

Umm, it's documented in the z/OS 1.5 MVS Init & Tuna Ref....

We're currently on 1.5 (enroute to 1.7) but have never coded an ALLOCnn
member, so have been taking all the defaults all along.  We're also in
the "final stages" of migrating to the 359x tape environment, so are
interested (suddenly?) in this "tuning knob".

   -jc-