In a recent note, McKown, John said:

> Date:         Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:31:18 -0500
>
> I am doing a RESTORE to back out my maintenance. But if I get too
> irratated, I'll just restore my volumes and SMP/E datasets. Why doesn't
> RESTORE have the equivalent of GROUPEXTEND? I restore the "bad" PTFs,
> but they fail because they hit a module affected by another PTF. So I
> put that new set of "related" PTFs in my RESTORE and rerun, only to find
> another set of PTFs.

Beware what you wish for ...

Because of the PRE and SUP relations both forward and backward
such an operation would be likely to RESTORE nearly everything
back to the last ACCEPT.

Perhaps it would be useful to have a command that did just that:
RESTORE all un-ACCEPTed SYSMODs.  (Is there one that I'm unaware
of?)

That said, my profound wish is for an ACCEPT-free RESTORE; that
which CMS VMFMERGE/VMFRESTORE do, which is analogous to fetching
un-ACCEPTed elements from the SMPPTS.  (VMFMERGE has no
ACCEPT operation, and no DLIBs; and does fine nevertheless.)

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL