So far, my checking shows no drives being unavailable.  I asked Computer
operations but they said all was fine with the drives.  We run 1 job at a time
which allocates 24 tape drives.  Nothing had been changed.   I am browsing
through the syslog, so far nothing.

Jeffrey Deaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  > "The specified connection is
waiting for a stream task to become
available because the
> connection has WAIT(YES) specified (or defaulted) and no stream task is
currently able to
> process the connection."

Was something else running that was using one of the tape drives you
normally use? The wait is basically saying that you exceeded the number of
connections specified in the exhpdm parms. (CONNECTIONS x DEVICELIMIT)
where connections is the number of conncurrent dumps per drive and
devicelimit is the max number of drives, although this can also be limited
by availability - thus the first question. How are you controlling the
number of dumps that are executing concurrently?

Jeffrey Deaver, Engineer, Systems Engineering
651-665-4231

starting at 1ยข/min.