On 20 Oct 2006 08:13:10 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chase, John)
wrote:

>       And would it matter what your bank was called? I've dealt with
>one that has been acquired up the chain three times. Fleecem and Run
>Savings and Trust might be Bread, Butter, and Toast (BB&T) tomorrow
>unless it's a mega-bank.
>
>And we have a Fifth Third Bank around here (Chicago); several branches,
>in fact.

It probably doesn't matter as much as a company in Information
Services.     But either case, name recognition is valuable.   A new
company with a TLA will be confused with other new companies with
TLAs.     Customers won't think a TLA means they are IBM-like.

Meanwhile, some people pick Wells Fargo bank to get checks with the
stage coach on them.