Working on the IEFACTRT routine and it has the following assembler statements
for getting return code ready to print on hasp:

CVD   R0,RWORK            GET ADDRESS OF COND FIELD
MVC   M1CC-1(L'M1CC+1),=X'402120202020' MOVE IN EDIT MASK
ED    M1CC-1(L'M1CC+1),RWORK+5 CONVERT RET CODE TO CHAR

However, I want the return code to print as hexidecimal instead of decimal.  I
tried the following after these prior 3 statements:

NC    M1CC+1(4),=4X'0F'
TR    M1CC+1(4),=C'0123456789ABCDEF'

(I don't understand exactly how this works but it is how it is coded in our old
exit which used the SMF type 4 records).

Why is it not translating the decimal to hexadecimal???