发件人: Rashmi Nijaguni Mogali
发送时间: 2006-10-26 13:08:26
收件人: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
抄送:
主题: VSAM file query

Hi,

I have a query regarding the read of records in a VSAM file.

Say, I have defined a VSAM file of 100 bytes with key as the first 20
bytes. The structure is -

01    WS-MAIN-RECORD

05   WS-KEY  PIC  X(20)

05   WS-DATA PIC  X(80)

Now when I read the file as below and give in the RIDFLD as the entire
100 bytes, will the read be based on the first 20 bytes only(as this is
the key for the VSAM file) or the entire 100 bytes?

EXEC CICS READ FILE(W-FILE)

  INTO(WS-SCRATCH-REC)

  LENGTH(LENGTH OF WS-MAIN-RECORD)

  RIDFLD(WS-MAIN-RECORD)

  UPDATE

  RESP(WS30-RESP)

END-EXEC

Regards,

Rashmi

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses.
Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not
liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this
e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.