> Jason wrote on 24/10/2006 08:16:34 AM:
>
> > hence our understanding that this is of benefit on both z990's &
> > z9's, and at various levels of z/OS...but that it should be done with
> > care due to possible impacts to WLM etc.

For any that may be interested, my testing indicated this fix *is* also
required on z/990 - at least. Mainly at z/OS 1.7 - hard to discern any
obvious benefit at 1.4 on my (limited) tests.

However ...
it also accentuated that capping LPARs comes at some measurable cost.
Maybe even more than the impost that this APAR addresses.
YMMV.

Shane ...