From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Brian Peterson
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 12:53 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SHARE in Tampa Florida, February 11-16, 2007

I have absolutely no information about what the next release of the
operating system we currently call z/OS 1.8 will be.  When I wrote "z/OS

1.9", I was wrong.  I apologize.  I imagine it might be logical to
presume
that the release number would increment by one, but of course that is
not
the only change that could occur - the version number could change, or
the
operating system name could change, or some combination.

Please read my use of "z/OS 1.9" as simply casual shorthand on the part
of
myself (a simple sysprog and not a lawyer) to mean the "the operating
system release after z/OS 1.8".