On Nov 1, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Rick Fochtman wrote:

That's true, but the staff where I worked wasn't that bright!  ;-)

Rick,

I had the same opinion as you. What we had (as other places might not) are consultants they tend to be the "sneaky" ones.

I ended up writing a jes2 exit and a MPF "exit" to do pretty much what I wanted. It was not a lot of code and extremely easy to implement (no changes for users). The number of tests running in production inits and tape mounts went down about 25% . The other thing that I was able to enforce was TIME= and stepcats (eliminate them) It was worth the effort to write the exits, IMO. I think it was a days coding (this was 15 years ago) at most.

Ed