From: Sebastian Welton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 8:36 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: DFSMS Full Volume Restore Oddity

I have come across a rather strange problem in moving data between 2
systems. Using DFSMS DUMP FULL on an OS/390 2.10 system to dump a full
volume to a file and then moving it over to zOS 1.4 and using RESTORE
FULL to restore it to a new disk it seems that not all datasets are
being restored. All jobs complete with CC=0 but when we IPL`ed an error
cam eup stating that it could not open either SS1.PARMLIB or
SYS1.IBM.PARMLIB. Upon further investigation it was found that these
datasets after the restore were empty whereas on the originating system
they have (important) members in. We populated the datasets with the
members but now get an error to do with an  LPA library that cannot
beloaded but they all seem full. We believe that not all libraries are
full and that somewhere along the line the restore, as shown with the
PARMLIB datasets, are not being fully restored.
Doing checks on the dumped datasets show that the data is there but
seems to disappear when restoring.

Anyone with any idea as to what on earht is happening, TIA?