From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Chris Mason
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2006 6:15 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Java Error

Chris said:

Now we can be thankful for VIPAs which have the property not to tie an IP
address to an interface but to tie an IP address to an IP node or, even better
as in fact here, to tie an IP address to a particular application on an IP
node. In fact, using VIPAs we no longer need a port number in order to locate a
"server" application. This, however, is not possible because the underlying IP
demultiplexing logic insists on processing a port number.