Tommy writes:
>Our shop want to find a gobal solution to manage the mainframe and open
>platform disk management. for example capacity planning, disk usage,
>monitoring, management/SAN...
>any shop have experience to share or reommend...

There are at least a few different options out there in the marketplace.
For IBM Tivoli you should probably start here:

http://www.ibm.com/servers/storage/software/zos/

IBM is a distributor for several Mainstar products, and there's a lot of
information on those products at the IBM Web site.  But you may also wish
to visit Mainstar's site (http://www.mainstar.com).  If you want more
technical information, particularly about specific products, then the
Redbooks site (http://www.redbooks.ibm.com) has quite a lot. Search on
"storage management" and you'll get dozens of hits.

Innovation Data Processing has a variety of storage management products
centered around their "FDR" mainframe offerings.  Bruce frequents IBM-MAIN
and would have more information if you need it.  Here's their Web site:

http://www.fdr.com

You can find CA's BrightStor product information here:

http://www3.ca.com/solutions/SubSolution.aspx?ID=5051

The major storage hardware vendors (IBM, Hitachi Data Systems, EMC) may
also have relevant solutions.  Don't be too concerned if you have one
vendor's storage hardware and want to look at another vendor's storage
management software: there's a lot more interoperability nowadays.  Just
check the fine print.

Hope that helps get you started.  It's a big topic.  If you find some more
specific questions as you explore then do come back and post a follow-up.

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
Specializing in Software Architectures Related to System z
Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan and IBM Asia-Pacific
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]