On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 12:29:19 -0500, Lizette Koehler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>We are planning to upgrade from z/OS V1.4 to V1.7.  There has come up a
concern over having z/OS V1.7 Language Environment in the TEST/DEVL systems
and not in production.  That programs compiled and LKED with the newer LE
would have issues running in the V1.4 LPARS.

>I was thinking of just taking SCEELKED and leaving the V1.4 version in
TEST/DEVL until V1.7 is on the production LPARS.

>Does anyone have any indication whether or not we need to leave the V1.4
version in TEST/DEVL or if the V1.7 can be in TEST/DEVL and rolling out to
V1.4 LPARs.

This hasn't been a consideration since OS/390 2.10.  LE has been upward
and downward compatible since then - at least within the supported
coexistence window.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group - GITO