On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:39:01 EST, Ed Finnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>unless  something has changed, you can change a dsn to multiple extents by
>coding  a space parm with secondary extents and outputing to the dsn. if
>you add  secondary extents to a lnklst lib though you better ipl soon(ish)
>or the  ab/s106 daemons will attack.
>

>I saw this happen to a fairly seasoned sysprog. Tried to apply maint and
>LINKLIB went to secondary and IEBCOPY via SMP got a S106
>and were left with an unIPLable system. Did have a current backup
>but the maint was so out of synch had to start over.
>
>There's provisions in Software manufacturing to STEPLIB to  CPAC.LINKLIB. If
>you get in too big a hurry steps get  missed/skipped....

Exactly... if you are going to ever apply to a running system and
that maintenance hits a LNKLST library, make sure you at least
add a STEPLIB to the affected libraries in your SMP/E JCL. In particular
SYS1.LINKLIB, SYS1.MIGLIB, and SYS1.CSSLIB.  This won't prevent the
S106 issues later but at least you should be okay after an IPL (or
dynamic LNKLST update assuming that doesn't abend also).

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group - GITO