Bruce
That's it.  Thanks for your help.

Howi
-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bruce Black
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2006 12:11 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Multifile multivolume tape data set problem

> One of the data sets have gone to a second volume.
> Subsequent generations were added with
> DSN=GDG(+1),LABEL=(n,SL),VOL=SER=(VOL1,VOL2).  Access to a single data
> set in VOL1 or VOL2 has no problem.  Also, access to two or more data
> sets that reside in VOL1 in a concatenation has no problem.  However,
> access to two ore more data sets that reside in VOL2 in a
concatenation
> will end with IEC147I 613-1C abend.  Another msgid followed is
CBR4110I
> Specific mount volser mismatch: int VOL1, ext VOL2.
You probably should have used just VOL=SER=VOL2 for the subsequent
files.  You might have noticed that specifying both volsers forced OPEN
to mount the first tape, spin all the way down it looking for the n-1
file, then mount the second tape and repeat.   It probably also
cataloged the new file to VOL1 and VOL2, which is not correct since the
file existsonly on VOL2.

If they are cataloged on both volumes, I suggest you do a DELETE
NOSCRATCH then a DEFINE NONVSAM to catalog just to VOL2.

--
Bruce A. Black
Senior Software Developer for FDR

the system manager.