http://www.spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts116/061109status/

"The shuttle Discovery was hauled to launch pad 39B today for work to ready the
ship for
blastoff Dec. 7 on a critical space station assembly and re-wiring mission.
NASA managers
considered moving launch up an additional day, to Dec. 6, but ruled that out
today based on
time needed to complete crew training and to develop software intended to
prevent damage to
the station's new solar arrays.

The software in question is designed to constantly monitor the positions of the
sun-tracking
arrays and warn flight controllers of possible rocket plume contamination or
excessive
structural loads, Sources said the new monitoring software - and the training
needed to use
it - likely cannot be formally certified before Discovery's current December
launch window
closes.

Instead, engineers hope to have a workable system in place by Dec. 7, although
details about
what needs to be done are not yet clear."

Now THAT is what I call a deadline.  "We know it won't be ready by the 6th, but
we're going on
the 7th".

You gotta admire that.  A real midnight deadline.  Get into orbit, and we'll
send you the
software that's critical to the mission.  They can't install the panels without
the software -
it might well damage the panels or the ISS.  Anyone taking money on them
missing?

Or on PSI not fixing their I/O problems by January?

--
  Phil Payne
  http://www.isham-research.co.uk