Jack,

IIRC you must use DFDSS as your datamover to backup these datasets.

Ed

On Nov 13, 2006, at 3:28 PM, Jack Kelly wrote:

Looked thru the archive and this is not discussed much. I want to migrate un-opened datasets (zero used space and *NONE* dsorg). I thought that
PATCH .MCVT.+3D5 BITS(1.......) would migrate empty datasets but  it
doesn't seem to do the job for me (at zos 1.7). I'm pretty sure that the problem is that the datasets are not backed up (msgARC0734I rc99) but I
thought that HSM would backup empty datasets? the Mclass does specify
AutoBackup(Yes).

Jack Kelly
LA Systems @ US Courts
x 202-502-2390