In a recent note, Tony Harminc said:

> Date:         Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:25:40 -0500
>
> On Thu 9 November, 2006 Paul Gilmartin wrote:
>
> > Ugh.  How do you package a LMOD in a PTF?  Inline with GIMDTS?  (Doesn't
> > work.)  Better with FROMNETWORK, which is relfile-friendly, even in
> > PTFs.  (I know; it's theoretically possible to RELFILE-package a PTF,
> > but customers don't expect it.)
>
> I'm curious; what doesn't work about an LMOD done inline with GIMDTS?

IIRC (it's fuzzy; subject to verification) several things:

o LMOD is not a deliverable element type.

o GIMDTS is permitted only for "data" elements; not for the classic
  MOD, MAC, SRC, etc.  (Why?!)

o Come to think of it, the directory information would still
  not be preserved.

o An inline MOD element is expected to be in SYSLIN format,
  not a load module.

Don't you just love MVS?

-- gil
--