------------------------<snip>--------------------------
OK, if we're going to start the who is the grayest in the crowd, let me toss in my hat.

1968 - started correspondence classes in IBM through American Automation Training Center, Columbus, Ohio. 1969 - residence in same. Learned 402/403, punch, interpreter, PL/1, RPG, COBOL, etc.

Due to a little interruption called Viet Nam didn't actually start twiddling bits until December 73.
"Student Systems Programmer" started in January, 1970.
1972-June 1973 - "University of South Viet Nam - School of Warfare"
June 1973 - Back to my deloved bits. :-)