Chaye Wala wrote:
It is non standard character set representing nonstandard applications which do not work and can not be migrated from a non standard platoform run by bunch of stupids decieving themselves, knowingly that the same work can be done by a much smaller hardware with losss lesscost is called a mainframe.

That has not been my experience. Back in the nineties one of my clients ran a small service bureau on a 4381, with a Xerox 4050, an STC 6100, and a Documation 2250 for output. Most of their clients did mailing list processing. The LASER printers were expensive, and sat idle a good part of the month, so they decided to migrate to a PC based platform. They found out very quickly that it took eight or nine days to do a week's worth of printing, and they had problems with security and reliability. They lost their biggest customers and went under before they could recover.

It takes a life time to open one's eyes if the eyesight was ruined by either IBM or mainframe.

No. It requires management to evaluate the technical feasibility, return on investment, and total life cycle costs, without any platform bias.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT