John Ticic wrote:
But these tools
do
much more than that.

Let me give you an example of what CA-Vantage can do (I'm NOT on the CA
payroll by the way!)
[...]

I read about CA-Vantage - it looks very promising.
People often use CA-MIA as a "storage tool" (tape drive allocation across sysplexes). I would say FDREPORT is great tool for reporting (however IDCAMS DCOLLECT + Rexx are free), BETA85 is very nice front-end for HSM (however it is possible to learn & use HSM commands), etc.

The tool mentioned above address totally different needs.
I cannot say what's better. What tool should I suggest ?

IT DEPENDS! Depends on your needs.

My $0.02
--
Radoslaw Skorupka