On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:08:27 -0500, Robert A. Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>At 14:19 +0100 on 11/28/2006, Vernooy, C.P. - SPLXM wrote about Re:
>Descriptive term for reentrant program that nonetheless:
>
>>I'd say, it is simply *not* reentrant and has the RENT bit set
>>incorrectly. Anyone can set the RENT bit on his module, but that does
>>not mean it is coded reentrant, which apparently is also true for this
>>code.
>
>A module can be placed into the LPA (and thus must be reentrant)

Not a logical conclusion.  I can place any module in LPA.
That does not make it reentrant.
Any module that does not modify itself will run from LPA without
a S0C4, but that does not make it reentrant either.

> yet
>can only have one thread per Address Space (ie: Can not even run
>multiple copies under different TCBs in the Address Space)

A reentrant program is one that can be run by multiple *tasks*
at the same time.  It is NOT defined as one that can be used
by multiple *address spaces* at the same time.

If you can find any two tasks that can not use a program at
the same time, then that program is NOT reentrant.

--
Tom Marchant