On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:55:56 +0900, Timothy Sipples
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>AP had a story about this IBM Texas outsourcing contract today (or maybe
>yesterday, depending on time zone). The wire story said that the 31 data
>centers will collapse into 2. It does appear Texas agencies will learn to
>get along and work together better. (I hope.) There were also some comments
>in the article that Texas will greatly enhance security and DR capabilities
>by assuring that their focused efforts on two data centers will result in a
>higher quality operation. Makes sense to me.
[snip....]

>- - - - -
>Timothy Sipples
>IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect

The Houston Chronicle (my local paper) has an article today about this
outsourcing project here:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4365995.html

Looks like it could be a good deal for the State of Texas. The only problem
I can see is that one of the two mega-data centers will be in San Anglo, TX;
which is out in the middle of nowhere in West Texas.....;-)

DJ