Denis

I'm glad you managed to get your e-mail "block" situation resolved.

Also an apology for my last post. I see I misunderstood Radoslaw's point 2.
He thinks your programmer is reading the files directly when I assumed the
files were being read through the agency of the gethostbyname() - or
similar - call, in other words, the official API. It would appear the
programmer *is* using the API.

Removing the gethostbyname() call is not really a solution so much as a
"bypass" to your problem - as implied by Pat O'Keefe. An application
programmer should be entitled to use the gethostbyname() call without being
tripped up by the SAF (e.g. RACF) product.

I already asked in this thread whether or not it really was a general
requirement that that "read" access be granted to the "resolver" files when
a sockets program needed to use "resolver" calls. As it is said, the silence
was deafening!

I'm going to try a separate thread in the IBMTCP-L list in order to try to
stimulate some interest in these mysteries.

I checked the IP Configuration Guide using the keyword "SAF" but nothing
appears to have been noted on the topic.

Chris Mason