On Nov 29, 2006, at 7:35 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:

 From the "z/OS Version 1 Release 7 Implementation" Redbook:

"The INTRDR RDINUM= initialization statement is no longer needed. Internal Reader processing now occurs in the allocating address space, and there is no
need to pre-allocate data areas."

Excellent! It appears to be a move to a Right Design -- one more static
limit removed.

Does anyone know why IBM did it this way? Was it a user requirement or was there some other reason. DON'T get me wrong I like it but it would be nice to know why. Call me curious.

Ed