On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:57:20 -0600, Friske, Michael wrote:

> [...]

I would point out two things about this.

First, the numbers that you are using are the raw number of bytes
per track/cylinder.  You can't actually put that much data on a
track or cylinder using normal access methods.

Second, the calculation prooduces MiB, not MB.  Disk capacities
are normally specified in MB, not MiB.  The factor should be
1,000,000 not by 1024*1024.

These two cause errors in opposite directions, perhaps even
canceling each other somewhat.

--
Tom Marchant