-----------------------<snip>----------------------

thank for your information. I am using 9037-002...can you give me more
detailed information. about the interface card and what does you mean
9037-002 boxes..
Since my boss ask me to connect the 9037-002 to PC server ..but I have no
ideas how to do it.....
thanks rick

Step 1: Buy the PC interface card from IBM, with the interlink cable and related software for the PC.

Step 2: Install same in PC to be used as interface. Connect interlink cable(S) between PC and 9037-002 boxes as indicated in documentation.

Step 3: Connect 9600B (or faster) modem to PC with appropriate cable. Also connect modem to telephone line.

Step 4: Activate Sysplex Timer application on PC and follow on-screen instructions. Have the phone number handy for your external time source. I used ACTS, the Automated Computer Time Service from the National Institute of Standards and Technology, in Boulder, Colorado.