> Ok, IBM doesn't license their software for PSI.  End of story.  Then why does
> IBM need to
sue PSI?  Like, they can create all the emulator they want, but if IBM doesn't
give them DB2
for example then it's useless, no?

Correct.  But that is not the picture of the world that PSI is painting.

Look at 6 and 7 in IBM's filing, and remember that we are approaching the end
of 4Q,
traditionally a time when all large vendors close a great deal of their annual
business.

PSI running around and asserting that getting software licences is no problem
and that they'll
be shipping in January is very likely causing real harm to IBM's 4Q06 business.
 Hence the
request for a declaratory judgement.

--
  Phil Payne