There have been previous requests for COBOL to have the same type of DD that
PL/I has had for years (and that LE has recently introduced) to avoid this.
However, there certainly is none right now.

Steve has given a couple of answers, and using a CBL (Process) card (that
you can concatenate with your source code) is one way.

HOWEVER, I would suggest that you also look at the programming guide for
what the "smallest" abbreviation is for each compiler option.  I have rarely
seen sites use the minimum for each option.  If you need to find them, check
out:

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/IGY3PG31/CCONTENT

"Nuttall, Peter [CCC-OT_IT]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> Hi All,
>
> Enterprise COBOL compiler v3.4.
>
> Am pretty sure someone else must have hit this. I have hit the 100 char (I
think ?) limit for the opts passed to the compiler via the Parm setting in
the JCL.

> For the Enterprise PL1 compiler I solved this by setting
PARM='+DD:OPTIONS' in the JCL and then putting the compiler opts in the dd
named OPTIONS. Is there a way for doing this with the Enterprise COBOL
Compiler ? ... I have been looking through the manuals, and have not found
anything ?