<snip>

> What's wrong with the ABEND macro?  Preferably preceded by a WTO with
> ROUTCDE=11.
>
> --
> Tom Marchant

I'm too lazy??? <GRIN>

Actually, I only have one program in production which does this. The
reason I do it, is because the program is called both in batch and CICS.
I cannot return a "failed" indication to the caller because that is not
part of the "architected" interface (which was in place before I rewrote
the code). But I cannot just return "junk" to the caller with no
indication of a failure. So I decided to abend. But how to __easily__ do
that in both batch and CICS? The S0C3 works, and is very infrequent, and
cannot be missed by the programmers (it drives them nuts).

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.