-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark H. Young
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 8:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IBM sues maker of Intel-based Mainframe clones
<snip>
Haven't their lawyers heard of "Stare Decicis" ?????
<snip>

Decide differently regardless of what is written? (Loses a lot in
translation).

How about Res judicata? Let it rest, it has already been adjudicated.

[Obviously I'm not a lawyer, I've just had too much fun dealing with
court systems.]

Again, the problem is, all the consent decrees have expired (US and EU).
So it would have to be argued again in the courts. And I guess that is
exactly where IBM wants it, because now they can argue that they are not
in control of a large share of the computer market.

<bigot> That's assuming you call the tinker toys computers <\bigot>  ;-)

Later,
Steve Thompson